Quaint and Lovely

>> Thursday, November 20


Quaint and lovely my baby be
Sweet and gorgeous and calm is he
Brown as earth are his perfect eyes
He sings the gentlest lullabies


His laugh fills full my hollow heart
From his cherry lips I would never part
His sweetest kiss is breath to me
My death comes the day this has ceased to be


"Hush!" to the girls who could have him not
His mushroom fits two and that is that!
His cradling arms claim but one -- that's me
I'll damage the face that just won't let him be!


As quaint and lovely my baby be
The sweetest, most gorgeous one is he
With passion so great stare my eyes that do see
How lovely indeed - my baby be.


Caballero, M. "Quaint and Lovely". Handful of Heaven © 2000

Free Hit Counter
Visitors

Blogupp - Connect Smart

BlogCatalog

Poetry Blog Directory ____________________________________________ Total Blog Directory

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP