Journey (comp tickets series)

>> Tuesday, March 17


That JOURNEY concert was quite an experience. The SM Mall of Asia was packed last Saturday with people who knew the lyrics to most of the iconic band's songs. While I wasn't one of them, my husband knew the words to at least four full songs by heart (i.e., Don't Stop Believin', Faithfully, Separate Ways (Worlds Apart), Open Arms, etc). Needless to say, we had a blast.
~
Initially, I was even hesitant to watch the show because I feared it would be too crowded. It was crowded, alright-- but everybody remained orderly, the place brimmed with positive energy. We were among well-behaved fans with what appeared to be delicious looking beer on hand. We didn't drink though (because we don't). I did have some dried mangoes with me, thinking I'd need them to keep me occupied.
~
Turns out I didn't really need the diversion. Arnel Pineda was awesome and upbeat, watching him live made me proud to be sharing the title of "Filipino" with him. The dude breathes talent!
~
We fare thee well, Steve Perry. We are aware that Arnel Pineda can never replace you but does he really need to? We think not.
~
Arnel Pineda's no Steve Perry but Steve Perry's no Arnel Pineda either.
~
SP or AP? Journey rocks with either one of them there... and I'm not even a fan!
~
...Just a fortunate kibitzer with complimentary tickets :)


Free Hit Counter
Visitors

Blogupp - Connect Smart

BlogCatalog

Poetry Blog Directory ____________________________________________ Total Blog Directory

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP